Friday 1 May 2009

Time Flies

With this year coming to an end it’s time to start thinking how much have I progressed though the year and what have I learnt this year.

In terms of progression I feel that I have learnt some key skills, for example learning the different type of typefaces has proven to be more crucial than I once thought. Also the difference between design for web and print proved to be a learning curve that I wasn’t expecting; just getting the resolution right is something that took a while to figure out.

Now the last assignment deadline is about 2 weeks away and this is scary, the summer holiday is going to prove as not only a big rest but a chance to get more freelance work and really improve my HTML and CSS skills for next year. In terms of the assignment I have nearly finished, with just the website build to go.

During this project I have come across a range of different designs and learnt that, if you’re making a range of different products for one company, reputation is important. For example, if you use yellow throughout don’t just randomly start using green. This is what happened to me with my logo design; I designed it as blue but then changed it for my album artwork.

As far as I am concerned I have progressed through this course at a steady speed however next year is going to involve personally more self-study work.

Here is my CD album artwork:

No comments: